If you love fashion that is fun, feminine and refreshing, you’re going to love the trends for spring/summer 2018! Just remember, you don’t need to fill your closet with all of these looks, but rather incorporate select trends that suit your personality, body shape and lifestyle.
Here is what’s in store for you:
- Big bold florals in a variety of colors and retro-inspired prints
- Mixing prints (ie, florals set against polka dots)
- Dark wash denim in all forms (jackets, jeans, skirts and dresses)
- Fringe has become more playful and over-the-top than ever (from jean hems to handbags)
- The color lavender is emerging as the next must-have color
- Plaid is the stand-out print of the season, from classic tartan to tiny gingham-inspired checks
- White maxi-dress is the ultimate clean slate to your spring and summer wardrobe
- Clear plastic rain gear from ponchos to trenches
- Classic trench coat re-imagined in endless new ways including feather, ruching and sheer fabrics
- Ultra-feminine pink from blush to light fuchsia
- Ruffles which add a feminine air
- Pastels AND vibrant bold colors
- Fun and whimsy socks
My challenge to each of you is to pick at least 3 of these seasonal trends to bring into your wardrobe so that you continue to look contemporary and stylish. And, for those of you who are not as comfortable with stretching your boundaries, consider incorporating these trends in smaller ways such as a ruffle around a sleeve cuff rather than a completely ruffled blouse, or fringe on a handbag rather than a skirt covered in fringe. Whatever your preference, experiment with these new trends and enjoy!